Sony on Tuesday said they believe last month’s earthquake and tsunami in Japan will not delay the release of its next-generation handheld game.
Sony said they will continue as originally planned on sale the new generation of handheld game tentatively named NGP later this year.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka, said: “So far, our sale plan has not yet affected by the earthquake, we will continue to monitor developments to assess the possible future impact.”
Earlier reports said Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) CEO Jack Tretton said that by the earthquake and tsunami, in order to catch the end of the Christmas shopping season to sale the NGP, Sony may be forced to launch the new handheld only in Asia , Europe and one of third regions of the United States.
Satoshi Fukuoka that the report was wrong, since Sony first released NGP in January this year, they said they would not launch the NGP in Asia, Europe and the United States three areas in one-time.